Personal Information We Collect And How We Collect It
When we use the term “Personal Information,” we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a natural person or household, such as a real name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, payment or other financial information, or location information. When other information is directly associated with Personal Information, such as bank account information, we treat this other information as Personal Information. Information that is public, aggregated, de-identified, or anonymized, or otherwise exempted from data privacy laws, will not be considered Personal Information with respect to rights afforded under those laws.
We collect Personal Information you choose to affirmatively provide to us in connection with our Services or otherwise, including your name and contact information (including email address and postal address). You can choose not to provide us with this Personal Information. If you invest with us, we collect your financial information, including bank name, account, and routing information.
We also may collect certain technical and other information automatically generated by your device about how you use the Sites for the operation and improvement of the Sites. Such information can entail collection and processing of browser information, operating system information, unique device identifiers or your IP address, referring Sites, visit metrics, action metrics, page view metrics, search metrics, and others.
This information may be collected through technologies provided by third parties. Information that might be collected using these technologies includes, for example, the pages you visit on the Sites, the paths you take within the Sites, and the length of time that you spend on the Sites. We use this information in the aggregate in order to better understand how to improve the quality of the Sites.
As is common among website operators, the operator of the Sites maintains web server logs. Web servers automatically identify your computer or mobile device by its IP address and collect that information in its web server logs. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer or mobile device by your Internet service provider or mobile service provider whenever you log onto the web or access the Internet. The SENTRE web server logs collect data that is generated by your computer when it visits the Sites, such as the type of web browser and operating system used to access the Sites, the domain name of your Internet service provider, the date and time you access the Sites, and the pages you visit. Within the framework of the Sites, we process this web server log information for a variety of purposes. Some of these purposes include system administration, examination of traffic trends on the Sites, troubleshooting, and the collection of broad demographic information about users of the Sites.
How We Use Your Personal Information
SENTRE does not sell your Personal Information.
SENTRE may use your Personal Information in the following ways:
- To communicate with you and send you materials we think you may be interested in. When you voluntarily give us information—for example, through an online form on our Site to register your support or receive project updates—including name, contact information (e.g., email address and postal address), and company name, or otherwise contact us, we may use this information to contact you directly, and send you materials and other items. We may also target advertising, marketing, or notification materials to you based on information you provide, including, for example, your zip code. If we contact you by email in compliance with applicable law, you can in any case opt-out of receiving future emails from us at any time by following the instructions in the email or notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To improve our products and Services, and perform analyses on the information we collect. We collect information to generally improve, develop, and understand our products and Services, including improving our Sites, soliciting feedback regarding our Services, and understanding and analyzing support for our projects and Services.
- To provide you with Services you or others request. For example, if you request us to include you on a newsletter, or publish your name as a supporter, we will use your information to fulfill your request.
- To publish and market our Services. If you provide us your information, and elect to permit us to use your name publicly as a supporter for our projects, we will use it to publish and market our Services.
Third Party Links
In addition, if you no longer wish to receive communications from us, you may opt out at any time by notifying us at email@example.com.
Rights for California Residents
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, California Civil Code Sections 1798.100 et seq. (CCPA), may additionally afford rights to our users and customers who are California residents, with respect to Personal Information as defined by the CCPA. For example, California residents may have a right, following a verifiable request, to:
(1) access—twice in a 12-month period, free of charge—for the 12-month period prior to the request, the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you; and
(2) delete personal information under certain circumstances.
SENTRE does not discriminate against our users and customers on the basis of their exercising any of their rights afforded by the CCPA, which is further in accordance with California residents’ rights under that title. While the CCPA also allows consumers to opt out of the sale of personal information, we do not sell personal information.
California residents may exercise the rights described above by submitting a verifiable request to us by contacting us using the information outlined described below. We will first acknowledge receipt of your request within 10 business days after receipt of your request. We will provide a substantive response to your request within 45 calendar days after its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days or the permitted timeframe), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will verify your identity using information you have previously provided to us. You may also authorize an agent to submit a request on your behalf, so long as you provide the authorized agent written permission to request on your behalf, and your authorized agent is able to verify their identity with us. We may ask you to verify your name, contact information, and other information you may have provided us, in order to verify your identity.
California Shine the Light
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as “Shine The Light” law, permits California residents to annually request information regarding the disclosure of your Personal Information (if any) to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. SENTRE does not share Personal Information to third parties for third parties’ direct marketing purposes.