Originally developed in 1923, The Barcelona carries a historic designation, features Spanish Colonial / Art Deco architecture and is unique in that there are very few buildings of this size in the in the Banker’s Hills neighborhood. Following acquisition in 2014, the building was authentically restored and repositioned including the common areas (with curated amenities), a refurbishment of the units with classic finishes coupled with modern convenience, and re-branding of the property. Urban Living, Historic Charm.
- Purchased “off market” in June 2014
- 90 studio and one-bedroom units in mid-rise building located in Bankers Hill, CA / San Diego County
- Built 1923 and holds Mills Act Historic Designation for Spanish Colonial Revival architecture
- Comprehensive renovation plan and re-branding effort including re-branded / re-launched community to the market as “The Barcelona”
- Renovation included rooftop deck, boutique lobby and leasing center, full-service lounge / clubhouse and fitness center and interior upgrades to flooring, paint, kitchens & baths